Saturday, March 21, 2009

I write an epic post about a very famous movie star in a seminary video and get 4 comments in a week, then my wife writes a lame post about a baby being born and BOOM! 23 comments in 2 days. Whatever. I don't even care.



Here's a link to a great, 1/2 page feature of a dude who runs his charity like he ran his business, with awesome results. This exemplifies why I think every kind of institution (Non-profits, Government, etc.) should be run like businesses. Great business people aren't just great at "business." They're great at solving problems, organizing and motivating people, eliminating inefficiency and waste, and achieving remarkable results. In any sector. Sounds corny, but that's how I feel.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/magazine/entrepreneur/2009/april/200706.html

And that is the reason Lon Gibson and I produced (I'm only in the harmony part), and believe in the message in, this video.


6 comments:

  1. Gimme chocolate- thats all I want!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kook. I don't even know what to say. Have you ever heard someone saying something you agree with in a way that just embarrasses the heck out of you for agreeing with it?

    BTW, what do you think is Romney's strategy. It seems like right now is a great moment for me--he could start talking and writing pieces ala Fred Thompson and buying infomercials ala Ross Perot and he could really get some traction and some name recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing so hard. I love that video so dang much. I'm with brade, it captures exactly how i feel. and your comment on ryans bracket thing was KIlling me, you are so weird and so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you post more now, because you crack me up. I love it. I didn't follow your link, but I will soon, it really does sound fascinating. As far as the Mitt video, I didn't have it in me to watch it again. It's just too painful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ". . . He's Turn Around Washington, Turn Water into Wine"

    If someone would have compared Romney to Jesus earlier I would have voted for him.

    I wonder if Mitt ever saw that video, and what his response was.

    Its funny how much we all care about the comment count.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bird, I agree that he should be doing something right now, other than the run of the mill lame PAC stuff, and writing a column here and there. And I'm sure he has a fine line to walk to not seem like a rabble rouser trying to pull a coup on the administration. I think I heard Ryan or someone said something I heartily agree with: That he should apply his skills to solving some huge problem right now. Think of what global warming has done for Al Gore. Mitt needs to do something that showcases his unrivaled turn around skills, something that gets him in front of every American as the problem solver he is. I know, easier said than done, and he only has a couple years to do it. Still i think he could tackle something big and get great press for it.

    Skew, that line is my favorite too. I wrote it.
    Comments=life.

    ReplyDelete