Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gotham's finest

So the other day we were watching a short movie in seminary. It's called "Sorrow for My Sins," and it's on this year's Seminary New Testament DVD. It's the one where the gal at BYU meets with her bishop for her pre-wedding interview. She talks about how happy she is and how great her fiance is. But over the course of the interview the bishop learns that a certain someone had been doing the devil's bidness with a past boyfriend and the rest of the movie is about her repenting for it. Throughout the movie it shows very quick shots of her strapping blond fiance, with vintage early 90's hair and blue denim shirts, and at the end he has a little speaking role. I kept thinking he looked familiar and then I realized who we were dealing with:































Aaron Eckert. He's been in a lot of stuff, but you might know him best as:








Turns out he was raised LDS, served a mission, and graduated from BYU. He's not active anymore, but still, it's always nice to have some class in our seminary features.

5 comments:

  1. No WAy! I totally knew he was mormon, Aunt Allyson's sister in law ( i know I know classic, a I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend ) went to high school with him and noticed in a hs reunion thing it said he served an lds mission. Okay secondly I totally remember that video, she has red hair that forms a big ol triangle and she freaks out b/c they've already ordered the invitations and it plays that "godly sorrow" song the whole time. wow so good to know that he was in a seminary video, I love him even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who just saw how much invitations can cost, I'm kind of on the side of the adultress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I had also heard he was a mormon, but didn't know he did seminary videos. I would love to see that. I loved him in Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an actor I think the guy's top notch. He's done 5 films with director Neil LaBute, also a BYU alum. Based on the content of his movies I'd guess that he's not active LDS either. As a movie director he's probably the best thats ever come out of BYU. "In the Company of Men" is my favorite; stars Eckert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who says we don't ever have any celebrities? With him and Sister Gladys Knight, that is two. Logan points out Neil LaButte, but he doesn't count because only really smart, esoteric people know who he is.

    ReplyDelete